Lewton-Rich Neighborhood Association
October 18th 2007
1. Welcome –– meeting opened at 7:00 pm
2. Introductions. 51 Adults, 5 children were in attendance - (until the siren’s went off (mid-way through the Planning and Development meeting) for the tornado warning and then when we sought cover, not all returned; only 36 adults and two children returned)
4. City Council meeting – Planning and Development meeting of the Lansing City Council then convened at 7:15 p.m. (this meeting ended at 8:28 p.m.) prior to the Lewton-Rich Neighborhood Association Meeting – Subject: Cell Tower — after much, much discussion, a motion, by unanimous vote, was made and carried to deny special use permit -see attached minutes)
5. Treasurer’s report : We had $209.60 and received a $5.00 donation. Our new balance is $214.60. All donations are welcome, since we do not have dues.
6. Police report: Our area looks pretty good.
a. Lewton school parking situation: Sgt Koenigsknecht has talked to Principal Terry Bernero, and they have ticketed some of the parents, who are illegally parking.
b. Lewton School had some damage to their garden this summer. Please keep an eye out. If you walk in the neighborhood and notice anyone doing damage to the school property, please call the school and the police to report this.
7. Flyer about Neighborhood Watch Coordinator’s meeting was attached with the handouts: Oct. 25, 2007, 5:30-8:00 p.m. at Hill Vocational Center. Anyone interested in Neighborhood Watch is encouraged to attend. Food, drinks will be served and this is free to the public.
a. Patty complimented Anita Beavers, President of the Colonial Village Neighborhood Association, on the great crowd she had at the CVNA “Candidates Night” last night. Well over 100 folks attended and most candidates running for local offices were there to give their presentation.
9. Patty thanked all Lewton Rich Neighborhood Association members who “hung in there” to attend our monthly meeting (after Planning and Development was finished, which was in the neighborhood of 8:30 p.m.).
When over 50 were in attendance at the City Council Planning and Development meeting, it was heartwarming to see that our neighbors truly cared enough to stay for our short meeting after.
Adjourn meeting at 8:50 p.m.
Michael P. Flaga, Webmaster and board member
for Micki Fuhrman, Secretary